April is National Interprofessional Health Care Month: Promote Your Clients’ Health and Well-Being
April and the season of spring cleaning are upon us, creating an ideal time to celebrate the overall well-being of society’s healthcare and promotion. The National Academies of Practice has declared April to be National Interprofessional Health Care Month to celebrate just that as well as the team of interprofessionals who provide such care.
According to the NAP, quality healthcare:
- Is in the public’s interest for maintenance of independence, productivity, happiness
- Is provided collaboratively by professionals of multiple disciplines dependent upon the health needs of the public at large in an interprofessional team model of service
- Begins with health promotion, wellness, and the prevention of the very diseases and health problems that require treatment from various healthcare professionals
- Benefits from the diverse knowledge and skills of a range of health care professionals
What are you offering your clients to help them maintain access to quality healthcare?
Many short-term medical and limited medical coverage options can provide your clients’ access to:
- Preventive care and routine doctor visits
- Choice of providers and facilities
- Emergency care
- Inpatient and outpatient surgery and hospital care
- Coverage that is widely accepted by providers and facilities across the nation
- Low rates for in-network healthcare
- Little to no waiting period for accidents and emergency care
- Relatively inexpensive copays
- Wellness care
It’s important to keep in mind that neither short-term nor limited-benefits medical coverage are intended to be a replacement or alternative to ACA or other major medical plans. These types of coverage do not provide the minimum essential health benefits that are required and will not help to avoid the fee for not carrying health insurance.
What perks are packaged with many short-term medical and limited medical coverage options to complement your clients access to quality healthcare?
Non-insurance benefits can include:
- 24/7/365 mobile and video access to board-certified doctors who can treat many common illnesses
- Patient advocacy service that can help navigate the world of healthcare and negotiate medical bills
- Prescription savings membership that can lower out-of-pocket costs by up to 75% on medicines for your clients, their family members, and even their pets
- Access to digital fitness tools to help track their wellness journey
Celebrate National Interprofessional Health Care Month by expanding your clients’ access to quality healthcare today!
Learn more by:
- Calling 1.877.376.5831 and selecting option 3
- Emailing email@example.com
Click here to like us on Facebook for important industry updates, tips, and articles!
Health Insurance Innovations, Inc. is a leading developer and administrator of affordable, web-based individual health insurance plans and ancillary products. We help consumers address their health insurance needs by offering access to a number of products offered by various insurance carriers.
For agent use only – not for use with the general public
Source: National Academies of Practice. “National Interprofessional Health Care Month Proclamation.”