College Students and Recent Grads Look to Short-Term Medical Coverage Options
It’s summertime, and the living is easy, right? Your prospective clients this summer may include two specific audiences looking for temporary health coverage to help them ensure that living stays easy: college students and recent graduates.
According to a recent poll from AgileHealthInsurance.com, 72% of college students and recent graduates polled noted that finding affordable coverage has been challenging. These clients may be coming off their student coverage through their colleges or their parents’ health plan or they may be waiting for coverage sponsored by their new employer to begin.
Short-term medical plans may provide these clients with features they need such as:
- Flexibility in length of coverage and in cost
- Variety of deductible and coinsurance options
- Low copay options
- Ability to cancel without penalty
- Paid benefits similar to traditional major medical plans
- Wellness options
- Next day coverage
- Little to no waiting periods
- Deductibles as low as $250
- Relatively inexpensive premiums
- Guaranteed acceptance
- Unlimited low-cost doctor and specialist copays
- Open network of physicians, specialists, and hospital
Short-term medical coverage is available at any time in the year; there is no special enrollment period. Many plans include preventive care as well as lower rates than major medical coverage. Your clients may be transitioning off their parents’ insurance and wondering if they can visit their same providers under their new coverage. They’re in luck: they often can, as short-term medical coverage provides them with the opportunity to see providers of their choice. If their chosen provider does not file a claim for your client in office, your clients can simply submit their own claims for reimbursement.
Note: STM coverage does not provide the minimum essential health benefits required by the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and will not help to avoid the fee for not carrying health insurance.
Why will your clients purchase short-term medical coverage?
- Prompt approval: Secure coverage and proof of insurance quickly
- Affordability: Cost-effective rates
- Security: Peace of mind as they bridge their health coverage gap in their time of transition
- Flexibility: Options that can help address their health realities
It is important to keep in mind, that while short-term and limited medical coverage do provide these benefits, neither one is intended to be a replacement nor an alternative to ACA or other major medical plans. These types of coverage do not provide the minimum essential health benefits that are required and will not help to avoid the fee for not carrying health insurance.
Learn more today by:
- Calling 1.877.376.5831 and selecting option 3
- Emailing email@example.com
Health Insurance Innovations, Inc. is a leading developer and administrator of affordable, web-based individual health insurance plans and ancillary products. We help consumers address their health insurance needs by offering access to a number of products offered by various insurance carriers.