New Year, New Coverage: Short-Term Medical in 2017
As you and your clients gear up for all that 2017 has to bring, help them stay on track and face medical concerns with short-term medical coverage.
This level of coverage may fit the needs of your clients who are:
- Transitioning between jobs
- Waiting for employer insurance to begin
- Graduating from college
- Rolling off parents’ coverage
- Waiting for Medicare coverage to become effective
If you have clients who miss the open enrollment period for major medical coverage, they may reach out to you to discuss other options that can help bridge the gap in their coverage such as short-term medical.
Considering changing short-term medical legislation, it’s important to remember the following dates so that your clients enroll in the coverage they deserve:
Before April 1, 2017
Your clients can enroll in short-term medical plans with coverage up to December 31, 2017 with the option to reapply.
After April 1, 2017
Your clients can enroll in short-term medical plans with coverage up to June 30, 2017 with the option to reapply.
So what are some of the features that short-term medical plans provide?
- Your clients can choose short-term medical coverage at any time in the year. There is no special enrollment period.
- Many plans include preventive care for individuals as well as for families.
- Some plans offer lower rates that than major medical coverage.
- Your clients can often see providers of their choice. If a provider does not file a claim for your client in office, your clients can submit their own claims for reimbursement.
Disclaimer: STM coverage is not intended to be a replacement or alternative to ACA or other major medical plans nor does it provide the minimum essential health benefits that are required and it won’t help to avoid the fee for not carrying health insurance.
Learn more about short-term medical coverage by:
- Calling 1.877.376.5831 and selecting option 3
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Insurance Innovations, Inc. is a leading developer and administrator of affordable, web-based individual health insurance plans and ancillary products. We help consumers address their health insurance needs by offering access to a number of products offered by various insurance carriers.
For agent use only – not for use with the public